07 February, 2015

Lizzie grabs tour of qatar



Lizzie Armstead
 Lizzie Leads!
English professional track and road racing cyclist Elizabeth Mary "Lizzie" Armitstead won the the trophy for the final Ladies Tour of Qatar stage in Doha to claim overall victory. Armitstead, riding for Boels-Dolmans, only needed to finish third to pip Wiggle-Honda's Chloe Hosking to the title.Lizzie said "It's a really nice surprise, I’m in better shape than I expected," said Armitstead. "I didn't come here to win; I came here for the training, and to find out what I'm missing."We probably went early but I was caught off guard. That put more pressure on in the final sprint, but I                                                                  learnt from it for the finish....
London 2012 Olympic Games, women’s road race: London/Surrey 140km

No comments:

Post a Comment